Pages

Wednesday, 12 August 2026

What’s On Your Workdesk? Wednesday 897

I’ve been doing gentle crafting on the table in the garden, in the shade of the awning. Brings me joy to swap between a bit of stitching, crochet and some reading. Spoilt for choice!

You can see I change the upright ‘dining’ chair for a whicker tub chair, get my footstool situated and then enjoy every minute. The only downside is that unlike LLJ, I don’t have a gorgeous waiter to bring me drinks. I’m working on it! 
The felt shapes are die cuts that I’ve blanket stitched together and stuffed a bit, to make bunting/garlands, whatever you want to call them. In one of the bags is a bunch of die cut baubles and stockings…all for WI upcoming events…by the time they want Christmas stuff to sell I’ll be knee deep in wanting to make cards so I thought I’d get a run on. Well, I’ve cut them out, haven’t quite got past the flowers yet! For a change I’m brimful of ideas for various makes, largely due to the local community craft group that I’ve joined, my word what an assortment of talent there is there. The drawback is that they meet on a Wednesday morning and I’m not coping with that lifestyle change very well!

Stay in the shade, get a lovely man to wait on you with drinks and enjoy the still moments, if you’re in hot parts; it really doesn’t matter what does and doesn’t get done. A perfect opportunity I would say, for visiting desks! Join us over at Sarah’s Craft Shed, enjoy the views and maybe add your own?

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness you have green in your grass. We just have dust here it is so distressing. Add to that extra dust from all the buildings works and the noise of heavy machinery and closer drills and saws coming from all 4 sides so I'm holed up in my air-con blacked out room and just enduring the 4th month of heat so wishing it would end. Love your colourful shapes. Hugs BJ#11

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm chuckling here....I read 'in hot pants'...now that's something else that I remember well. Those were the days lol. What a lovely place to craft...I don't think Dod would be very happy if I suggested having my sewing macine set up outside :-)
    Hugs,
    Annie x #5

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im with Annie, I saw hot pants first too ...glad you're enjoying outdoors crafting. Happy woyww Helen #3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy too-hot WOYWW!
    Looks a fab spot for a bit of quiet crafting. Round here the grass is mostly brown, or covered in catio! Poppy enjoys it even in the heat. Me, not so much. No gorgeous waiter here either. Your craft group sounds fun and I am betting you will pick up a new skill or two from the local talented ladies. Enjoy, and hot pants might be just what is needed in the hot parts of the UK, to help keep YOUR hot parts cool! {wink}
    Mary Anne (6)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia, when we moved jobs and came to Lincolnshire we thought it was Global warming then until we realised that's Lincs. normally but I think it's been worse this time and we are very much in need of rain, even my four water butts are dry so we're planning to get more before the winter. I have suffered a bit with the hot weather and ended up in the hospital last week but think we've got to the bottom of it. Take care and wishing you a happy woyww, Angela x7x

    ReplyDelete

Your contribution is a valuable thing - thanks for taking the time!