Friday 12 January 2018

A Challenge taken!

Lovely Darnell has launched the 'Twofer Challenge' and I encourage you to do what I did. Go over for a browse and be so totally inspired that you'll be moved to take part. 
Not only that, and disregarding the utter mess that I made on my desk, I used scraps and two stamps that I hadn't yet used. This NMBUS (Never Before Used Schtuff) is part of Darnell's life mission as a crafter, to get the NMBUS off the shelves and strutting its stuff!
The theme of the challenge is to make two different occasion cards featuring the same themed stamp/image/die cut. This month the theme is Feathers.  
 PSX (!) and Rubber Stampede (!) and Art Impressions stamps. The feather is part of my inheritance from Mary, and is NMBUS. Now I've been forced to use it, I like it. The inks are Adirondacks, also from Mary. Everything else came out of the scrap box, which is a bit of a result, to be honest!
PSX, Hobby Art and Wordsworth stamps. I love the Hobby Art scroll so it was a no brainer to put it with the quill and add a bit of beautiful lettering. Again, all on scraps and I used two new embossing powders. Don't expect this to last, but for now, I feel smug enough to enter the challenge!

18 comments:

Kathyk said...

Sorry I haven't been by the WOYWW recently .. still got wrist and cyst issues with the hands!!!

I have however, also entered the lovely Darnell's twofer challenge and saw your fab makes so HAD to stop by and say "HELLO", "HOW FAB" and "HAPPY NEW YEAR" to you

Kathyk

Kathyk said...

Me again .. well done on all the NBUS too!

Kathyk

Beverly S. said...

Good job with the first Twofer Challenge. Hope your new year is off to a crafty start. :)

Helen said...

Fab!! Miss PSX. They were gorgeous. And wooden!! Having said that I don't use mine much... No surprise there!!

Liz said...

Two gorgeous cards. I love how you've used the feather as a quill, very clever! x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Look at you go! A great first NBUS Twofer!

Sarah Brennan said...

Great use of scraps and NBUS. I ought to go check it out as I have plenty of both lol.

Kara Lynne said...

You must have the loveliest scrap box in the world! Two gorgeous cards came out of it, Julia! I love how much NBUS you used and how totally different these two cards look. Thanks for joining in on the fun over at Twofer Card Challenge!

Darnell said...

Julia, I am so, so honored that you made two gorgeous cards and came to play in my new Twofer challenge! And, look at you, using NBUS and scraps like a pro!! Both cards are really moving and very cleverly crafted! Thank you very much for the shoutout! Mwah!! Hugs, Darnell

Sue said...

Hi Julia, Loving both cards.

Hope you have a nice weekend. Sue

Lindart said...

Looks like a fun challenge! I may take this on. . .I really like your cards, especially the second one - so elegant! Lindart

Monica said...

Thanks for visiting Julie, I seem to be loosing contact with days of the week. The three on line classes are sort of sucking me up into a vortex of paint . Stay warm and have fun
Monica

Anita in France said...

These are both lovely, Julia, and beautifully detailed! The first is wonderfully textury and touchable ... and the second shows such a clever use of the feather for a quill, it's deliciously shimmery and so elegant! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)

Verna Angerhofer said...

Gorgeous ways of using that feather stamp. Your cards are wonderful.

Cara said...

Two brilliant cards x

Elizabeth said...

I was sure I left a comment earlier but it looks like not so here goes again. Both your cards are lovely, Julia. And the are both so different. I do have a feather stamp tucked away somewhere. If I can find it might see what I can do to make a twofer too and join in Darnell's challenge. Hugs, Elizabeth xx

Craftychris said...

Two fabulous cards for Darnell's Twofer challenge - I must make mine! xxx

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Really lovely Julia,good luck with this fun challenge