Monday 2 January 2017

Checking in...

Well, happy new year gentle reader.
The holiday came and went in a magical blur and in facing the grand clear up and inevitable clear out, I hope that you will find masses to enjoy about your life in 2017.
I managed on crafty gift this year, a photo of a dear friend's granddaughter that I just loved when it popped up on Facebook - so I lifted it and made them a canvas.
It isn't a huge artwork, but given the number of times I sat down to 'just do it' and couldn't, it's a triumph!

As regular visitors will  know, I'm not one for resolutions, targets and the looking back thing. But I must recommend to you some of the Desker's blogs; there are some fascinating round-ups of 2016 or a post about their favourite makes. Hugely impressive planning!
Elizabeth calls herself to account and sets some new goals. Scarey, but fascinating!
Shaz rounded up her favourite 2016 Christmas cards..and in a previous post her favourite non Christmas cards...very inspiring.
Princess Judy showcases her favourite card make of the year..good grief, I couldn't possibly choose!
Dorlene showcases her top 5 craft moments; I'm grateful to have had any!
Shoshi has a 'picture rich' rich blog post as a round up.
And if you're after a bit of an interactive , participatory blog post, check out Marit's Top 2000 Blog party, it's amazing. Specially for you mixed media and journal junkies!

So this blog will go on in its usual ad hoc, sometimes crafty, other times domestic way. Hope that's OK with you. I'm too old to change my spots, see. If I ever was a leopard. Indeed, I'm even too old to be a cougar!

11 comments:

Annie said...

Love the canvas Julia. Such a perfect photo capturing childhood. Our 'Christmas' has all been cleared away in the attic for another and I'm sat enjoying some plotting and planning for a new idea for the business this afternoon while Dod is at the footy. I shall be making Memory cushions to run along side the Memory bears ....the bears have proved very popular but several have asked me for cushions....watch this space as they say.
Hugs,
Annie x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This canvas is fantastic. I've only worked on one canvas and it was 5" X 7". Nothing to write home about like yours was. It's truly lovely, and so well done compositionally.

Thanks for including my accountability post in your list of posts. I'm off to visit the other artists now. After all, I feel I know them by heart, too!

I hope your new year's celebration was fantastic, and your 2017 is so much brighter than last year. I hope your health continues to improve, and you feel like destashing and creating new and wonderful art this year.

Unknown said...

Lovely piece of art Julia ♥ Hope that you had a wonderful start into this new year! Wishing you all the best for 2017 and may love, peace and happiness be by your side everyday of this wonderful new year.... and tons of creativity ;-)
And a big thank you for being there for use each Wednesday at WOYWW! ♥
xo Michelle

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Julia, love the simplicity of that canvas- I bet it took a lot of work to get that look!I keep thinking about doing a canvas- heaven knows, I've collected enough from trips to The Works!- one of these days I'll give it a go. After my years round up- thank you for the shout out- I'm onto the tidying/sorting/organising I always seem to get into at this time of year. I shall be off to visit the others in a mo. See you on W4ednesday! Huge hugs, Shaz xx

Sue said...

Hi Julia, Your friend will love the canvas.

I love your blog, whether it's crafting or real life.

I hope your dreams come true and you have a very happy and healthy 2017.

Hugs
Sue

Twiglet said...

Love the canvas Julia - good to get a bit of crafting done! I have spent the day clearing away Christmas and looking forward to a fresh new year. Hope yours is a good one! x Jo

Elizabeth said...

Hi Julia, your canvas is lovely, I like the composition and the cluster of shell shaped buttons is perfect with the photo. I don't make resolutions but I do have a rolling list of goals and aims to take me through the year, an on into the next too :) There seems no point in setting myself up to fail - I'm such a coward! However, I could try to improve on my commenting - there never seems to be enough time in the day to leave as many comments as I'd like. I'm hoping 2017 will prove to be a much better year than the one gone and I wish you and yours all the best. Hugs, Elizabeth xx

misteejay said...

Happy New Year Julia.
Such a pretty canvas - I'm sure it will be treasured by the recipient.
Let's all hope that 2017 will be a year for good health and plenty of creativity.
Toni xx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

LOL! It wasn't my favorite card of all year, it was my favorite CHRISTMAS card of the year. That was easy to remember since I just fondled them all as I mailed them out.

I once made a new year's resolution that I have kept for over a decade: never make another resolution.

Robyn said...

Happy New Year to You Julia! more creativity and less worry!

Belinda Basson said...

Nope, couldn't change my spots if I tried! I am however going to try blog a bit more this year and join in with the desking. I have missed it. I have been insanely busy and have made some changes to my weekly schedule for 2017... not to be so busy... only time will tell... I might just become spotless...