Monday 8 February 2016

Well whaddya know...

The great Darnell has put me right, and I really thank her for that. (She only pretends at madness, methinks.)The thing is, Google are still messing with my head, if not yours! In order to comment on Blogger blogs, you will need a free Google account. Not the Google+ account that i was yammering on abot. This is better, because a Google account is a lot less invasive and dictatorish than a Google+ account. Having this Google account means that you can 'resume' being a follower, by using the appropriate badge. 
A decoy, but hey... thanks to Kbwalker on Pinterest, this ended up nothing like hers, but something like it!
Its boring being wrong. Its also boring that Google feel the need to make everyone a 'client'. I will continue with the wordpress blog (juliadunnit.wordrpress.com) - because I've started it. On Wednesdays, the linky  thing will appear only on this blog...or I'll be all over the place. If it becomes difficult to even do that on Blogger, I'll let you know! Carry on, then.

13 comments:

Kathyk said...

Carry on regardless methinks!!! Great Kraft card.

Darnell? Feigning madness? Surely not!

Kathyk

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Julia,
The whole Google thing is a bit confusing! And being me, I'm a bit confused about your new blog. Will you post here only on Wednesdays? Oh, but today is not Wednesday. See, I'm confused.

Cheers,
Kay

misteejay said...

Love the card Julia.
As for Google & blogger, I'm plodding on.
Toni xx

Helen said...

glad to hear this somewhat of an improvement to the situation... and at least you've got the wordpress blog set up as a back up plan if (when) things change again... thanks for letting us know.

Sue said...

Glad you have sorted the Google Account business. So annoys me that they can just make changes and cause so much hassle.

Hope you've had a good day. Sue

Jacki Daniels said...

They have to justify their jobs somewhere along the line so they mess with things that ain't broke don't ya love em?!!
Great card love the simplicity of it speaks volumes
Jacki

Lynn Holland said...

I can't get my head round how you can do some things on blogger on one appliance but not another. Consequently I'm running up and down the stairs from using the iPhone, the iPad and the PC.
Good for a bit of exercise I suppose. I like your card Mrs D, just my thing.
VAT's done so see ya Wednesday
Lynn x

Stacy Sheldon said...

That is kind of a good thing though right? that people have a google account to leave comments so maybe we will get less snarky things that need deleted if people "have to" sign their name to their thoughts...

and my thought is, I *HEART* what you did here with this card Julia :)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I have an internet friend who has been closely following the google decision to force followers to be connected in some way to google. I've written two articles about it myself. when I saw your previous message, I forwarded it to her. She went to the google blog and wrote back that it's for followers only, and anyone can leave a comment, even anonymous and word press, OpenID, etc. people. BUT, in order to be a follower, you must sign up for google. I hope that clears it up, because I also thought you had to be on google to leave a comment.

LOVE that card! Especially love the circles.

Neet said...

It was heartening to see Kay's comment (whimsy) as I was feeling a bit confused but that is not hard with my head the way it is. Jet lag still happens here. I'll find you as where you go though - I am so attached to WOYWW now.
Hugs, Neet xx

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

I love the circles...my direction all week. But that bit of color brightens my day. And the Message so important. See you in a few hours.

Bubbles said...

I love the card - simple but so effective - it's gorgeous :)

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Pretty pretty card! Methinks I overshot the WOYWW post though.