Tuesday 3 December 2013

If T is for Tuesday then C is for Cupboard

I know, my powers of language and spelling..awesome!  
A shelf in my least used Cupboard....the china cabinet...something else I love to collect..these are Wedgewood, to celebrate the Millenium. 
I've been trapped at home by a very gammy knee.  Collateral Laterals damaged doncha know.  I have no idea.  'It doesn't work so well' is the best I can say without boring you to death.  And I got to thinking...instead of staring at my lovely cupboards, I might go through them and be a bit ruthless in the clearing out and a bit precise about some cleaning.  I once had ambition to keep my house like the celebrity crafters do...all white and shiny and beautiful.  But I can't.  It's just not in me. 

The most used cupboard... Not fantastically tidy, but I could locate any of the contents in the dark...which is such a useful skill for crafting!
So Mr Dunnit indulged this fantasy by pretending I was serious and suggested I start with the least used and work my way forward..good idea. He was completely unsurprised by my making of a list...starting with my beautiful china cabinet what he made for me .I do use most of my collected china, for it is of the practical variety - I love the eating and drinking stuff.  Naturally.  So when I get to doing it, that will be a pleasure.  A brief stop in the kitchen where the cupboards are actually pretty good because the stuff turns over well enough.  She thinks.  And then I have wardrobes.  Hmm.  Mr D was surprised that I don't think that my wardrobe is my most used.  It really isn't.  If useage is based on the number of times a day a door is opened and the inside is viewed, it's definitely any one of the cupboards housing my craft stash.  You aren't surprised.  Nor was I.  Won't be doing a lot of clearing out, it wouldn't hurt to tidy.   It's funny isn't it, how these things pop into your head right at the time of year when frankly, you have so much else to do.  It's another procrastination method I think.  Don't worry though, as soon as I can stand without falling over, I'll have forgotten all about it and be off doing real life stuff. 

I think this barely qualifies, but I'm going to link at Elizabeth's for T for Tuesday.

20 comments:

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

There is jut something about blue and white china that I am drawn to. All our everyday crocks are in those colours. Good luck with the cupboard sorting and hope the knee is better soon x

Glenda said...

I love the blue and white china on the shelf. It just says homey to me. Hope your knee improves! That can be so painful!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

A gimpy knee is no fun. I hope you don't need a knee replacement. Please take care of it, because I'm a worrier.

When I saw that mug, I thought it had an E on it. Anything even CLOSE to cobalt blue makes me smile. And you have some real beauties there.

I have done the exact same procrastination tactic. When I was in grad school, I couldn't even think about getting started on my daily written work (and we wrote mini theses each week) until my house was so spotless, you could eat off any surface. Oh how the "mighty" (meaning anal) have fallen.

Thank you SO much for joining T today. And yes, it qualifies quite nicely as a T post.

Scrapcat 1 said...

As always I enjoyed reading your post, hope your knee is better soon

Belinda Basson said...

T could be for Tidy? Yip, procrastination is the name of the game at this time of the year!

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

I hope your knee starts feeling better soon..in the meantime..look at all you can accomplish!

jodpea said...

Your house might not be white n shiny but u'll always be a celebrity crafter to us...!!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

The blue tea cup and saucers are just gorgeous--such a deep, rich color. As you might surmise from my post, I procrastinate, too, and then get the motivation to tackle the job with a tight deadline! Happy T Day!

Nan G said...

Applause applause....you are a celeb in our world Ms. Julia! Take care of that gimpy knee. I too love blue n white china and that little snowman peeking in at the side. :)

DAWN said...

Opening statement, cracked me Up L is for Laughter, yeah!
White and shiny is boring anyway and something tells me that is not you!
Take care of you!
Happy T day
~Dawn

Dianne said...

oh you made me smile! hope your knee is better soon. isn't it annoying how we think of all the stuff we could/should be doing when we don't have time?! love your beautiful china--and happy T day!

Krisha said...

Beautiful shot of your cupboard, I'm a blue and white lover too. Cleaning gets done when it gets done. I had let it go for so long I just couldn't take it anymore.......that's why I used the cleaning MOJO when he arrive last month! It had only been.......well a LONG time since he had been here....LOL
I sympathize with your knee, have a gimpy one myself and the other is starting to go now. DR. said replacement 11 years ago, but I'm still using it until there is NO choice.
Have a great week, hope to see you tomorrow for WOYWW.

Helen said...

Oh your poor knee! I hope it is better soon.
I love your china cupboard, both for the cupboard and the china - but your craft cupboards look enticing too...

~*~Patty S said...

Your china is lovely...I am always a sucker for blues...

Hope your knee is doing much much better very soon!

Happy December T Day to you
oxo

misteejay said...

I hope you are resting that poorly knee and that it will soon be working as it should.

Love the blue china.

Take care
Toni xx

Carmen said...

Does dodgy knee not equal rest to you then?

Love your China. We got such a good deal on 6 wedgewood soup bowls when we first stated dating. 50p each because they were slight seconds, had a blue smudge on the back of each of them. We got them at the outlet store in Dover and they are the only bit of 'used' crockery we have without any chips or bumps because I love them so much. Great for stews!

Rest up!

Rita said...

I don't think that cupboard looks bad at all. If things are collected in baskets and could be found in the dark--that's good enough--LOL! ;)

I hope your poor knee gets better soon. :( I get regularly laid up and find I am always making lists when I can't move, too--but often don't get to but a potion of it when I can move again--ROFL! Of course, I don't move very fast any more. ;)

Happy T-Day!

Ginny Maxam said...

Julia, I just love reading your blog, it always makes me smile and I am pretty sure, somehow we have a genetic connection!
Ginny Maxam

Anonymous said...

[url=http://prednisolonetablets.party/]prednisolone[/url] [url=http://buytadalafil.red/]buy tadalafil online[/url] [url=http://clonidinehcl.webcam/]clonidine hcl 0.2 mg tablet[/url] [url=http://sildenafil.tech/]sildenafil[/url]

Anonymous said...

[url=http://singulair-medicine.gdn/]singulair[/url] [url=http://albuterolinhaler.bid/]albuterol[/url] [url=http://flagylonline.link/]flagyl[/url]