Monday 4 February 2013

Still being Krafty

Can't help it.  Urge to use Kraft almost as strong as urge to breathe in and out.  No, really, that's not dramatic.  For me.

The other thing I'm keeping up with is getting around to using really old photos. Well, if you happen to be Kate aged 7, my niece, that is.  To her, this two year old photo will seem really old.  To me, it suggests I may be catching up.  I'm not, but I do like a suggestion.  Strangely oddly, this is not a LO completed at the Crop I went to on Saturday.  On Saturday, between eating and laughing until my sides hurt and I couldn't see for tears, I worked on a bunch of 8 x 8 pages which are destined as a gift.  And that's why you can't see 'em.  Although I don't know if my dear friend Debbie reads this, I still want her to be the first to see the mess I've made of her son's Prom pictures.  I like to be fair.  

13 comments:

Kirsty.A said...

Lovely layout. We don't see enough of your scrapbooking here

Redanne said...

It's a beautiful layout Julia, really loving the bunting across the top - and of course the Kraft....

MaryH said...

I like your idea of 'catching up'..gotta be a great motivator in the 'getting things accomplished' field. All your pretty trims really set off this cute pic of a cute little girl. The red is a showstopped against the kraft, and what a fantastic use of the grid background paper. TFS

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

When you said 'really old photos' I assumed that must be a photo of your daughter! Two years? That's nothing!

Annie said...

Lovely LO Julia....just wish I looked like that two years ago :-)
GHugs,
A x

Unknown said...

That is such a great idea Julia--I mean really, there is no reason we can't use old photos! I've been doing that lately in my art journal. And it's so funny how seriously dramatic you were being...because this weekend I felt the same way when I was working on my patchy bag. I mean, it's all I could think about, and it's all I wanted to do: sew sew sew!! I am making it into such a decorative "wearable art" piece that it's still not done, because even the strap is turning into art! I ignored back pain and everything just to keep going on, and finally had to stop because I promised my family we could eat a fun dinner together and watch the Superbowl game--but I was thinking about that bag!!

Almo said...

Hi Julia, Lovely scrap book page. I like the A-Z ribbon, perfect for this project. Hugs Mo x

505whimsygirl said...

Kids have such a different time clock, don't they? Cute page and like the grid squares.

Sounds like you had a great time Saturday. I love it when I laugh so hard I cry! You know you are really alive then.

Hugs,
Kay

Monica said...

USING OLD PHOTOS IS BETTER THAN REPRODUCING THEM . i AM A GREAT BELIEVER IN USING THE ORIGINAL AND TO HELL WITH SAVING THEM FOR POSTERITY OR SOME OTHER IN THE FUTURE FANTASY.
sorry about upper case.

akilli melek said...

good to see some layouts, nice to get to some of your older stock of photos isn't it, just a pity I keep taking new ones LOL

Tamika said...

Nice work Julia,at least the crop got your mojo going!

SandeeNC said...

Kraft is an addiction...step away slowly so no one gets hurt...lol It's a great LO and it's a lovely feeling to persuade ourselves into thinking we are caught up! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

scrappymo! said...

Awwww...great layout...but you are right...2 years is a lifetime to them!
Sounds like you had a lot of fun and laughing till your sides ache keeps you young!