Saturday 21 April 2012

Hormone-ity...again!


Here's another LO from this month's crop.  And I mean that in both respects...it was a Crop, and I made five,which I think is a good crop - smug and clever...but maybe not so funny when in print?! I slay myself.  These photos were taken back in 1982.  They've been in my drawer of photos 'to do' since I became a scrapbooker, and finally, because I got sick of seeing them in there, I did something with them.  Not the best motivation huh?  The first thing I did really was to square the hideously old fashioned rounded corners...that made them feel more useable, I must say. And now I've said that about rounded corners, you want to know why I have a WRMK corner chomper which I often use with abandon

and of course, the answer is - I have no idea. Vanity?  Maybe. To me, it looks OK on everything except photos that fairly accurately give away my age. Not sure.  Enigma? I'd like to think so. Hormone-ity? Certainly. (or as Mr Dunnit would say...typical woman-ness, but as so many of you understand, I'm not going to allow that...).

Actually, here's something that's typical woman-ness in a good way...would you help cheer up a bruised and injured WOYWWers Mum?  I was nearly finished visitng WOYWWers when I got to Sarah Cooper's entry which was late and rushed...she'd been at the hospital all day with her dear Mum who had been knocked over by a car; the driver had missed the pedestrian crossing light...horrible. Read about Sarah's account here and see Sarah's jagged and hopeful Journal page here.  I offered to send her a 'feel better' card; there's nothing more cheering than knowing other people are thinking of you, huh.  If you'd like to do the same, contact Sarah via her blog or Facebook and she'll give you an address.

Meanwhile, have a great weekend!

22 comments:

Redanne said...

Thanks for nudge towards Sarah, she is one of only a few I did not get round to. I love your LO and your card is gorgeous - the rounded corners make it a visual delight! Anne x

Helen said...

Thanks for the info, poor Sarah, I didn't get to here either. Love your rounded corner fetish. Don't remember them on photos and I am just as able to remember that far back as you... Good work on the layouts...

Rita said...

Your such a busy bee Julia. Your pages are always so nice. I have the Scrapbooks ,but don't know where to start. Off to visit sarah and offer to send a card. Enjoy your week-end. Hugs Rita xx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Thanks for the heads-up re Sarah's mum. I hadn't got round to her blog, so thank you for flagging it up. Have sent a message of WOYWW Warmth :)
LLJ xx

Michelle Webb said...

I just love reading your blog, it's so funny. Well I managed to finish off my journal pages, but forgot (as per usual, in the thick of it) to stop to take a messy desk picture for you. Must try harder to be more messy and take more pictures! Take care Michelle x

Elizabeth said...

Hi Julia, I'd already read about Sarah's mum elsewhere and was shocked at the extent of her injuries. Hopefully, she will make a good recovery from the accident and the eye surgery she has had since - I'm totally in awe at the courage of the woman to go ahead with the surgery in the circumstances ... respect!

I recognised that castle immediately ... it's my favourite and I would move into it in a heartbeat if only they would let me :) Like the layout too. Got to agree with you on the subject of rounded corners, never on photos but sometimes nice on paper and card - just depends on what it is. Elizabeth x

Mummylade said...

wow, you made five? I'm constantly dragging around a huge bag of bad conscience for ignoring all my photos...

kay said...

of to visit sarah,thanks for letting us know,fab layout,well done on making 5,x

jill said...

lovely Lo Julia, thanks for letting us know about Sarah's mum, off to leave a message . Hope you have a good weekend . happy Crafting

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely layout Julia and well done you completing 5. Love your card too. Enjoy your weekend. Tracy x

Monica said...

How thoughtful and caring of you.

Neesie said...

Just managed to take a peek at what you're up to...all looks great to me.
You've created an incredible thing! I'm not just talking about your layouts or cards but the lovely caring community WOYWW ~ your a special person Julie ;D
I'll try to visit Sarah to send some supportive hugs xox

May said...

Off to visit Sarah... fabulous layout and card.... Hugs May x x x

~♥~The Navy Wife~♥~ said...

lol you think I make it sound easy! I come to visit you and wow you have 2 gorgeous creations on your blog! I do love the cute cupcake card hun. I'm off to visit Sarah and share some love :) Hope you have a great week hun :)

Pam said...

I love your layout, I just can't seem to get my head into doing scrapbooking although Hannah has started doing some (I've made her buy some of her own stash before she uses all of mine up!!!). Thanks for your lovely comment about my slimming, believe it or not the 'slim' picture is nearly a year old now and I am nearly a stone lighter again although my eatng habits seem to be going downhill rapidly!!

Hugs Pam x

fairy thoughts said...

great layout, why did those old photos have rounded corners? so you squared those off and rounded the ones on your card, very female!!!!
I'm off to send good wishes to Sarah's mum thanks for the tip
janet

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I feel so bad for Sarah's mother. I missed EVERYTHING this week! Glad you are here to give us "slackers" updates.

It's pretty obvious I'm not a scrapbooker, because I had NO idea about the rounded corners. I remember way back oh, about the time that photo was taken, high school photos HAD to have rounded corners or they looked like they had been taken at home and sent to the local 1 hour photo place. One thing I do know, I used to prefer matte photos, but now it doesn't really matter, since they mostly come from my printer, anyway.

Hope you are having an awesome week, because you have kept me informed!

Linby said...

I remember those photo corners and as I was reading it I was thinking about the corner chomper!
Hope over to my blog to see what you started at my house!.......
http://craftylinby.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/lots-of-layers-and-it-started-with.html
Linbyx

KatzElbows said...

I love rounding corners; everything looks so high end when you do it!

Thanks for stopping by and appreciating my pear. I've not blogged for so long I wondered if anyone was still out there!

Take care,
rachel.

fairyrocks said...

Lovely layout. A very good friend recently unearthed some old photos of me....I too haven't done any old ones, probably because my mouth is always hanging open and it appears Inever shut up, well in the photos anyhow LOL
Thanks for sharing, loved reading this. Keep smiling and creating

Lisa-Jane said...

Cupcakes ALWAYS help!

Bridget Larsen said...

Oh dear not good about Sarahs mum, sent my good wishes to her and thanks for letting us know
Bridget WOYWW 151 #1