Monday 30 January 2012

Ouf!


Next weekend is Ludgershall crop.  Ouf!  That's come around quickly.  If you're a long time visitor to this blog (thanks) you may remember this LO, from the January 2010 crop.  Yeah well, the 'Intention' to do this annually may seems to have escaped me.  Surprise!  But no sweat, I can do one this year.  But can I? The January crop this year was too early, too soon, too sudden for me to get my head around anything like looking toward the rest of the year, so my 'intentions' LO will be revisited this weekend.  Probably. I have every intention of doing a 2012 page based on this idea, because I think I've got some.  Intentions that is.  Some of them are even good.  Mr Dunnit managed to contribute to my conversation about this yesterday by making a couple of suggestions that will not be put into print.  Although I do acknowledge that number eight - 'spend less' was meant to mean spend less on craft stuff, rather than honing the grocery bills!  Wish me luck...this year I fell I'll have to hone the list of intentions just to get them all on one LO!

I have some housekeeping to do.....if you're a WOYWWer, this may be of significant interest to you.  Mary Anne has found this:
This will take you to a blog called The Great Leveller and talks about how to make a fix that allows people that currently can't, to comment on your blog.  A lot of us find if the comment box is at the foot of your post, that 'embed' prevents commenting...but where the blog provides a new page with comments and comment box, all is possible!  So if you wanna get a few more comments, this may well be worth the two minutes and two tabs it takes.  It is a temporary fix....Blogger itself has to come up with a permanent one...so no growling at The Great Leveller, huh!! 

And not only but also...this blog, thanks to Janet at fairythoughts, is featured as Craft Stamper's March blog of the month.  Janet nominated, the magazine contacted me, I wrote a few words and promptly forgot all about it;  March seemed a long way off.  But of course, the world of magazines runs strangely and the March edition is out now.  Shopkeeper Gal saves me a copy, so I will see it at some stage, but meanwhile...thanks.  There's been a really warm and positive reaction and I can't tell you how big headed smug and self satisfied I am about it.  This edition will not be used for chip wrappers any time soon!

21 comments:

Cardarian said...

Well congrats on the "blog of the month" - that should have happened ages ago as you are an "all time hit" !!!! Great idea this WOYWW - Thanks Julia! Enjoy the spotlight!
Lots of hugs
Cardarian :-)

misteejay said...

Congrats Julia, I'll be looking out for you when I get my copy of that issue.

Toni xx

505whimsygirl said...

Woo hoo! Congratulations Julia. I will have to keep my eyes open for this issue!

XO
Kay

Helen said...

It is totally well deserved too - your posts always cheer me up. They are well written, witty and sometimes we even get art!!!
Good luck with the crop.

Unknown said...

I like the new blog look!! Isn't green a great color? COngrats on the nomination and all, yay!

Craftychris said...

Congratulations! Can't wait to get my copy of Craft Stamper to have a look see! Well deserved indeed xx

Sheilagh said...

I was reading my copy of Craft Stamper and got a really lovley surprise when I came across you in "Blog of the Month"

Congratulations, you are so modest Julia. I think your "WOYWW" is going to get a lot more followers over then next month, very well deserved too. xx

Bethan said...

Good on ya!! your posts are so hilarious (at times!)and entertaining. Long may they continue my friend!

fairy thoughts said...

Another change of layout? I think this one is much better, although where do you get the time . . . what with all the housework and stuff he! he!
I saw the blog in glorious colour,
Fame at last!!!
You definately wont have time for housework with all the extra desks you might have to look at.
Good luck at the crop.
happy stamping
janet

Mrs A. said...

Can't get into town until next week to get my copy from WHS's so hope they don't get too much of a run on it cos your featured!!! hugs Mrs A.

Ali said...

I was so excited to the Stamping Ground as Blog of the Month... it was a vicarious thrill, like knowing someone famous, "Oooh, oooh, I know that blog, I comment on there, I do WOYWW!!" :lol: :lol:

Congrats on your 15 minutes of fame! :)

Ali

scrappymo! said...

Congratulations!

Can you tell me how to participate in WOYWW. i am new to this but love the sound of it.

I can't find a button of the right. Just 2 buttons on the left. How do I put that on my blog? Once I've done that, will I be able to access the photos veryone has posted. It just sounds like so much fun!
Thanks
Maureen

Candace said...

Cingratulations!

xxxtglxxx said...

Congratulations on your news :) That must feel fabulous!

Your blog is very interesting, diverse and a lot of fun :)

Thanks so much for the shout-out, I hope blogger fix it soon, but I very much doubt it. They just seem to be making it as difficult as possible for users of IE, probably in the hope we all switch to google chrome! lol :D

Anyway pop-up boxes are so much easier to comment on and also much quicker to load (esp if you have a v slow internet connx like me!) :)

Hope you have a smashing day hun,

hugs

xxalisonxx

lisa said...

My CS fell through the letterbox yesterday and what did I spy straight away. How does it feel to be famous, Julia. It was such a treat to see you there up in lights. Congrats at being nominated, you certainly deserve it for all the hard work you do in organising such an unruly rabble as us WOYWWer's every week.
Hugs Lisax

Glenda said...

I follow someone famous! Congratulations girl. You are very deserving! I'm quite proud of you!

Morti said...

Whooooo! I've got Friday off - I'm straight down to Shopkeeper Gal for a copy - hmm, best ring her and ask her to put one aside for me!

Lisa-Jane said...

I shall have to look out for that! Only just realised that I wasn't actually "following" you so I have duly rectified this :-)

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

ah huge congrats there Julia and have done the tip on blogger as suggested thanks for that and thanks to our great WOYWW-er Janet and Maryanne! Shaz in oz.x

Anonymous said...

[url=http://kamagra-online.us/]kamagra[/url] [url=http://kamagra.tech/]kamagra 100mg oral jelly[/url] [url=http://buybuspar.red/]buy buspar[/url] [url=http://clomidformen.webcam/]clomid[/url] [url=http://buybupropion.men/]bupropion[/url]

Anonymous said...

[url=http://buyprednisone.gdn/]prednisone[/url] [url=http://albuterol-nebulizer.trade/]albuterol nebulizer[/url] [url=http://levitraprofessional.top/]levitra[/url] [url=http://amitriptyline25mg.bid/]amitriptyline[/url]