Friday 6 August 2010

There I was, tinkering around in the kitchen, deciding what to take for lunch when the thought occurred to me that as it's Friday, Daring Cardmakers (we call it 'DCM,don't ya know) will be posting their new challenge. And I panicked a bit - I'm actually involved - did I happen to mention that? I already know what the challenge is because I'm so important that I'm the GD this month. Do not roll your eyes; you have three more weeks to get used to my exalted position before I magically *pouf* turn back into the DCM janitor, visiting merely to sweep up and re-use the terrific DT ideas. You've all met Kathy who joins us for WOYWW quite often, she's DCM DT, obviously, and so that gives you an idea of the calibre of stuff you can go see. Marvellous.
This week's challenge is to make a card reflecting the birthstone for August. It is Peridot. A greeny yellow stone that has depth and character. Amazing really, I thought it was only people and wine that carried those sort of attributes! So my card is shown here; you can tell I'm going all out, I;ve used a precious badge from Paperchase for the flower centre! For genuinely careful and lovely ideas, visit Daring Cardmakers, you will not be disappointed, I promise - and hey, join the challenge, bet you can do sooooo much better than me.

Tomorrow is Ludgershall Crop. Naturally I've been using Kirsty's method of getting LOs ready as the idea strikes, so that by the time the Crop date arrives you've got a stack of stuff to do, use and be smug about. I've got one. So I have to skive off early this afternoon, because I need daylight for colour matching! The Willowy Blonde said that she'd bring the home-made goodies, so if you've ever considered joining us and have felt too shy - this would be a good week. Ask me for details if you're interested, huh.

27 comments:

Scrapcat 1 said...

I love your card Julia, you have managed to capture the colour of a peridot beautifully and have created an elegant and stylish card.

angelwhispers said...

Beauiful card Julia and perfect for Periot very elegant. Love Chanelle xx

mckinkle said...

Beautiful card Julia!
I think that 'DCM DT' is quite a befitting title for you and maybe they should grab hold of you for a bit longer!

Enjoy your crop tomorrow!

Kerynx

Sew This N That said...

Oh I love your style Julia! Beautiful card :)
*hugs* Heather x

Carmen said...

It's gorgeous - Wow. I will be honest and say I thought you were talking about the sad clown when you said the theme was peridot but on reflection... and after realising there are no sad clowns on your card I realise that I'm thinking of Pierrot.

I just love all those swirls and that colour.

Kathy said...

You are soooo nuts Julia!
It's wonderful to have you with us as our Special Guest this month, I know you'll be an inspiration....

Love the card and the gorgeous mixture of colour, texture and pattern. Just fab

Artyjen said...

Lovely card....love peridot ;) I lost a pair of peridot earrings somewhere....now I can't find any I like to replace them!!! :(
BTW The Range is quite a distance from me so don't get tempted very often LOL
xoxo Sioux

cheryl said...

oh this is beautiful hun love that scroll,stamp you have used,beautiful colur too hugs cheryl xxxxx

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Mrs DCMGDTM :0) Absolutely blooming beautiful X

Helen said...

You'll be great, the card is lovely and hope the crop goes well. Have a great weekend!

Stressed Stamper said...

Good job it was not a blood stone....not on any DT groups at the moment - jealous - so enjoy it...have a great weekend

Patrice said...

Oh la la I love this card. I'm a huge fan of anything green also. Love everything about your card Julia x

Lynda said...

You've captured peridot to perfection Julia - absolutely love your card.

Love Lynda xxx

Pam said...

Fab card, love the colours but then it is my birth stone. May try and do dome crafting later myself but just got back from French consulate in London with my student who can now go home Saturday. It's not fair as I thought Fridays during school hols were for lie ins not for catching 8.30 trains!!! Enjoy crop tomorrow. Hugs Pam

Kate said...

Lovely card, you're off to a great DCM start. Can't make it tomorrow, tis still the cricket season you know, so no live in babysitter! Hope you have some winter events I can tag along to.

** Kate **

downrightcrafty said...

wow this just jumped right off the dashboard at me, it is simply stunning and so classy
Hugs Kate xx

Angie said...

I love Peridot ... and you have catured the colour and the feel so well ...maybe I should go away and have a go ?? xx

Emilie said...

It's a gorgeous card! I love the colour!

Mummylade said...

wow, excellent work!

G Peplow said...

Fabulous work, love the colour peridot, just a perfect card:) x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

The GD has made a grand entrance with this card. Lots going on in the designs, too. If I made cards, I would copy this one.

Lyn said...

Congrats on your new and exaulted (albeit temporary!) position as GD and those colours are glorious. I especially love the added bling and flower.

Enjoy your crop today *SIGH* I have had that pleasure just once (dratted distane) and know what fun it is AND have the photos to prove it, heh, heh.

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Gorgeous card Julia, fabulous colour ;-) Have fun tomorrow
Anne xx

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Erm have fun today!
xx

Chrissie said...

Looks dead great!
Love the papers and the general composition is just fabby! Totally worthy of a GDT Spot!
Chrissie

Cardarian said...

Love your card - green whatever shade of it is besides pink my favourite color! You totally rock as GD! The Crop - I don't know what it is but I am sure it is lots of fun so I hope you will enjoy it!
Hugs,
Cardarian

Unknown said...

stunning paper Julia - fab card. Well done on the GDT slot - i'd no idea - but then i wouldn't have with not blogging recently.

Hugs

Paula x x x