Tuesday 4 August 2009

Yesterday

Yesterday, for some time, I had the house to myself. I had time to blog and time to scrap. And so I did. I made up the LO you can see here, of Miss Dunnit and her gang, posing on Prom Night. It's on a piece of Basic Grey (Aged & Confused). I even managed to convince her to do a bit of her own journalling -a minor miracle. She did it immediately. This caused me to actually sing 'Hallelujah!' at her at the top of my voice, more than once - actually, more than is good for a body's throat, but never mind. Do you know what she said? Brace yourself. She said that she did it and finished it, despite having only just come home, despite needing to er, powder her nose and despite needing to log onto the waiting world of friends and stalkers because it would stop me pestering her for the rest of the evening and better yet, stop me trying to control what she wrote! Well! I would be speechless but a blank page isn't really a blog post, huh? I can't imagine what she means. By 'control'. OK I'm a spelling and punctuation fascist but I can't help it. Nor did I suggest what she wrote. If I'd suggested anything, it wouldn't have been to mention the pinning of the dress to the bra, would it? Actually, I'd forgotten that detail already, but nevertheless, you take my point. I'm sure perpetuity may want to read about how strapless Prom dresses were held up, but I wasn't thinking on those lines, for sure! Just goes to show how we remember occasions so differently, and of course, I do often remind her to absorb every detail of these life moments; as it turns out, she does as she's told. Which leads onto the other thing I did yesterday - I blogged. Quite casually. My, how you all jumped on my delusion about Miss Dunnit being a poetry reading-cartoon watcher whilst with her boyfriend. How you made me laugh! I assure you I'm not really delusional, in reality a better description may well be near hysterical. But, I've got more to lose than prove in terms of being a control freak over her life. So I'm allowing myself the delusion of poetry and daisies, whilst in collusion with the (lovely) boy's mother. Call it an 'informed delusion' if you like! So when I say I'm going to do some scrapping, it's more a distraction technique - let me have that one, will ya?

So Carmen , of the perfectly named Whoopidoo-ings has tagged me over the reading thing.....I answered a tag thingy a few days ago that revealed nothing more interesting than I'm currently reading something political. Actually I have recently re-read this, so it's still on my bedside table - hope it counts - and will reveal page 161, the fifth whole sentence, and instead of tagging more, perhaps you'd just feel inclined to share too, if you're a reader:
"When she thought of him this way, she was overtaken with guilt, but also a peculiar, warm sensation that spread upward from her belly until it felt as if her face were glowing pink."
A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
(wrote The Kite Runner, both are great, poignant, gripping, amazing - taught me loads about present day Afghanistan....read 'em if you can)

Judith was also generous enough to include me in her Circle of Friendship mentions too, and as you know, I cheated on the distribution of it last week when Angie included me while Judith was on holiday, so if you're listed here as a 'follower' please be included!

9 comments:

Paige said...

I'm still bowled over at MIss Dunnitt's Dress!!!! it's stunning!!!!! and what a great photo for scrapping :) loved the journalling esp. about the pinning of the bra :)

Carmen said...

Me too :D She has definitely got her Mums way with words hasn't she?

Debbie H said...

Yes I was just about to comment on your turn of phrase! Very comical. You are duly added to my faves!

Anne said...

God, I love you! I have most definately NEVER been described as 'willowy' before!

In answer to your question the other day - where does the 'Miss LaLa' come from. Our classes are named after the initial letters of the teacher - the first letters of my surname are la, so my class are 6LA. Which my good friend and fellow teacher turned into LaLa, and so I am known by the children as Miss LaLa. Probably quite applicable to my state of mind a lot of the time, too!

I love Miss Dunnit! She sounds fab.

Unknown said...

Hi Thanks for your comment on my blog. I don't have a followers thingy - I need to update my blog to get one of those and I'm scared to!

Angie said...

I love the choice of paper for that really fun photo ...great LO with perfect journalling.

Teenagers are like a different species and the females of this species always think we mothers are controlling them ....not sure that ever changed though !!!

Ginny said...

love love LOVE that photo, fab LO

and NO Miss Smmrtypants I am NOT addicted to challenges ;0) I was only thinking it would give me a chance to post on a certain blogroll again..and then I didnt bother...

maybe when I do some "non-DP" cards..lol

Jo Power said...

Brilliant photo and lovely layout. Amazed that Miss Dunnit didit so quickly.

I have read a thousand splendid suns and found it fantastic and a real eye opener might have to go back and reread it. xx

ally fiddy said...

Love the Lo and Miss D's journalling of the event.