Wednesday 5 August 2009

What's on YOUR Workdesk? Wednesday

I had to wait for some daylight before I could attend the WOYWW meeting today - my craft space is at the back of the house, so doesn't get great light till late afternoon, but today seems especially dull. Good grief, how I'm missing sunny days.
So, for those of you that work tidily, I'm not really sure that this is any sort of improvement from last week! Actually it's all one level at least - no piles (well not obvious ones of books balanced on boxes etc). I have the doings of a LO about my scrummy nephew on the table; Annie posted yesterday about a challenge based on advertising material at this blog and I went to look. And good grief, an idea jumped into my head - so now I'm trying to translate it onto paper. I started at about 10 last night and about 20 minutes later, DH announced it was bedtime...so I have quite a lot of 'translating' left to do! Today is also the 100th post for Annie over at Pretty (as the link above) - congratulations to you girly. I went through that barrier some posts ago without even realising it, and indeed, only this morning noticed on the 'doings' of the blog the little bit where the number of posts are counted. I can spot a pound coin on the ground at about 100 paces, but obvious stuff, well....sigh. Back onmy desk, there's a handful of cards in my lovely wooden 'mass production' holder that Mr Dunnit made for me - they're samples for a workshop...will be bagged in the general clearing up that takes place on a Wednesday. I conduct a workshop at my LSS on a Thursday (you know the one - with the telepathic Shopkeeper Gal), so Wednesday afternoons are reserved for kit preparations - and for that, I actually like to clear my desk! Well sort of - you can actually see the basket of stamps waiting to be cleaned in this shot (slight mistake) - but I don't know if this afternoon's clear up will extend to a clean up. I might not be in the mood! Anything else on the desk that raises a question in your enquiring minds? Do ask, it may be more interesting than anything I've been able to say so far! And then - share your work surface with us today, tomorrow - it doesn't have to be a desk..to be honest, it doesn't have to be Wednesday, but we like to do it once a week - it shows we're getting something done if there are any changes to the surface! Make a habit of it. You can even have a button - copy and paste the html text from the top left margin of this blog - add it to yours as a gadget and voila! Annie's rich text skills will have given you the WOYWW button! Cool.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

It is good to know I am not alone ... I have a basket of stamps waiting to be cleaned too ... mind you some of them never actually make it out of the basket ... IYKWIM!

Teresa said...

Mine is now up Mrs Dunnit, along with a couple of other pics of "new" room, seems funny to call it that when the building is over 100 years old!

Carmen said...

Can't wait for my desk to be up and looking like that. Also will be very interested in your interpretation of the ad ;)

My 'desk' is only that clean because Craig is a tidying freak and is especially precious about the dining table - he's always polishing it. So if I'm crafting on there it has to be easily lifted on and off in one... at most two movements :P We all call him Monica (from Friends)

Anne said...

I'm so glad you said it doesnt have to be the desk - because my WOYWW this week is of the floor!

Is that a corner chomper thing on your desk? How do you get on with that - do you get a lot of use out of it? I'm always attracted to gadgets, but I'm not sure that I would use that a lot. Mind you, I said that about a bind it all, and I somehow managed to buy one of those today after convincing myself that I NEED one.

Thanks for the link back! 100 posts... I never thought I would have so much to say!

Anne said...

Oh, and I can't wait to see your take on the ad challenge!

Paige said...

WOW!!! ;) I can see bits of your desk :) sorry ;) you know i'm only teasing, it would be such a boring little ol' world if we all worked the same way which is why I love WOYWW/ coz it lets us peak into other crafters rooms to see how they 'do it'.
Oh and don't you just love your corner rounder??? I adore mine for taking the corners off chipboard and CS with ease.

Lyn said...

I am just so impressed that you even have a "mass production" holder - not that the able Mr Dunnit made it for you in the first place, I mean, but that you manage to even use the phrase "mass production" let alone have a holder. I'm having enough trouble even sticking 2 pieces of anything together at the moment, let alone even considering mass producing anything! (oh, other than my snoring, apparently). Hence the no WOYWW-ing for me this week :(

Angie said...

I have finally posted my WOYWW ... and there is somthing a little different on it lol.

My husband used to point out it was bed time and it made me a little cranky. He'd have gone mad if I had done it to him.

Carmen said...

LOL! I hope she has nothing on me! Ooer. However she gives me fabby gifts like taking me to see Pink for my b'day. I can't do those sort of gifts and so don't mind putting in a bit of effort to making stuff. She is very artsy herself - doing a 3D animation course (Shrek type stuff) at Uni so I know she appreciates the the time put in to it etc. :D

Kit said...

love your workspace I bet its lovely working right next to the window