Wednesday 29 July 2009

What's on Your Workdesk then?

It would probably be more pertinent to ask what isn't on my workdesk today! The aperture of my lense spares the horror of your seeing an overflowing scraps box and 2 stacks of papers that I'm attempting to keep together whle I'm working - damn those cellophane bags, they just split too easily and don't get me started on those silly strips of glue across the flap! On the right you can just see the binding of a notebook. What you can't see is that the notebook is on top of an empty box and half balanced on the perpetually waiting-to-be-cleaned basket of rubber stamps! I've no idea why the sellotape dispenser is at an angle of use and delivery, I wrapped pressies in bed the night before Miss D's birthday and certainly haven't used sellotape on anything since! If I were to just move it around, I'd probably achieve another four linear inches to shove stuff into!
Needless to say, now the sleepover-ettes have been delivered to their respective homes and some basic tidying is out of the way, I'm in the mood to tackle the desk top too, so again, it won't look like this for long. I'm going back to cards today. Whilst I've been ferrying the chums around, I've hatched a plan. Let's see if I can actually get it onto paper!

In off-topic news: this circle of friends thing that Angie awarded....never has it been more true in the comments added after my post yesterday - your (often candid) responses are so welcome and really go to prove that you can find the 'sistah-hood' anywere, as long as you look! Furthermore, I notice that the 'Followers' table is increasing - it's so nice to meet your teeny tiny avatars and follow you around too. The whole 'Followers' thing makes me laugh actually, I wonder if the people who have hundreds of followers living for their every word get a feeling of power from it..or if they even think of 'their people', or (just to chuck in something offensive -) do they feel as if they have disciples type followers? I've seen what can happen to normal people in the presence of 'celebrities'...it's possible! Does having a blog with 'Followers' immediately mean that I'm um, up myself? Or are you like me, a 'Follower' on a kerjillion sites because it saves so much time being able to see who has and hasn't updated their blogs each time you get a chance to wander through cyberspace? Which I do far too often, as you've probably gathered by now! I'm addicted. It's technology's answer to the nosey gene.

14 comments:

Darcy Marshall said...

Blimey your desk looks tidy compare to mine lol no way am I pointing a camera in that direction.

Love the previous post about your daughter too.

x

VickiA said...

You're not seeing my desk - mainly because I can't see it at the moment! LOL.

Happy birthday to Ms Dunnit for yesterday. Hope she had a fabby day!

Mole said...

Are you SURE there's a desk under there??!!!!

Smudgemakes said...

my desk is very, very similar! can't even find my camera to snap it!!

Teresa said...

Mine is on my blog, and yes, this week there is something on it!

voodoo vixen said...

Well, I am totally impressed that you manage to make anything on a desk like that! LOL I would be manic... have to clear away between projects and start each new one with a clean green mat... so I know I will never be doing this what's on your desk thingy... waaaay to boring!! ;) I do love to see everyone elses though...
Happy Birthday to Miss Dunnit who is now sweet 16, hope she had a fab day. I too have an only child... only because I found out what caused it!!

jay670120 said...

looks like my desk too at the moment but im in the process of spring cleaning it so it will be messier b4 it gets better !

Paige said...

I'm with Annette on the clean desk- green mat seen during projects ;) No paper cutting in my house today, but I have blogged WOYWW just a different desk :) and I love following blogs! it makes them easier to find when I want to go back and take a second look. also lovley when I see my blog has another follower maybe the twaddle i write is read by someone other than just me ;)

Paige said...

Ohhh!!!! new back ground!!!! I likey!!

Carmen said...

A lot of those blogs with trillions of followers have only got them because at one point the have had candy and said you are only allowed to enter if you become a follower. Visit those blogs at non-candy time and you can be the only one commenting on some pretty amazing stuff. Which is a shame.

As for the 'celebs' - I don't believe for one minute they visit everyone that comments on their blogs.

For me I love my followers ( MY followers, mine all mine. Get me *g*) cause they have chosen to come to my blog for no other reason than to visit. I love that - I don't get why they do but I love it all the same. I follow people because they inspire me and I really like them and I get instant notification on my sidebar when they update so can go have a nosey straight away. Like I just did with you.

Does that mean I'm your disciple? :D

Angie said...

Finally I have blogged WOYWW ... DD went off with the camera!!!!This is the 8th week ...can you believe it.

I'm not sorry that you broke the rule with the circle award ...I did wonder how you were going to work it out ...after I'd awarded it. If I was having trouble, you would have mega problems choosing.xx

Anne said...

Ooooo - new blog is PRETTY!

I'm going to be WOYWW-ing tomorrow - to be honest, I've got a bit muddled with my days and I thought that it was Tuesday today!

As for the followers - I love my followers. I cannot lie and say that it gives me a little thrill when I see a new one. I guess it's just another way of knowing that people are actually reading the waffle and trivia that I post.

I look at a lot of blogs, but the ones which I 'follow' are the ones which I visit regularly - that way they show up when there are new posts, and I like to keep up with them. I try hard to comment on the blogs that I visit, because I know how much I value comments, so it's only fair that I give them too.

I need a blog makeover too. You have prompted me!

Ginny said...

congrats on working out the 3 columns...looks fab :0)

must admit, I like it when I see a new follower, makes me think I might just be a bit more interesting than I thought I was, but more than likely I am delusing myself...would swap it all for a bff to come over and share a real-life cuppa...now Im sounding depressing..lol.. Gotta email you bout something..hehe

Lyn said...

Belated WOYWW as usual from me on my blog - straight from work to meal with colleagues last night and suffering from long days and late nights! Will catch up with your blog at weekend!