Wednesday 10 June 2009

What's on your workdesk?

Well, it's Wednesday, and the button, WOYWW is for What's on your Workdesk Wednesdays, so brace yourself!
This is exactly as I left it last night...I stood on a chair so you can get the overall impression and the first thing to talk about is not what's on my desk, so much as where do I actually do anything? Last night, I was working on top of the SU! catalogue (where I neatly stacked my cropadile and corner rounder tools when I gave up and went to watch Chuck on tv) Two reasons for that. First, I had finished going through it for the kerjillionth time and needed it to be in my line of vision for this morning (there's a couple things in there that I NEED, so I have to remember to email my SU!demo.) Second reason? It was there. Now that is a real confession because it really is a slovenly attitude that I can't defend - if Miss Dunnit had, erm, done it, she would have received my 'place for everything' lecture, no doubt. Absolutely no doubt then, why that lecture never has or will have an ounce of impact, huh!
There is a basket of characters cut from shrink plastic on the left that strictly speaking shouldn't be in the shot, so more on that in a few days perhaps! The gift that I'm working on is still on the table, although not evident, and you can just see the alphabet stamps in the bottom right corner. The sellotape dispenser, silver pencil sharpener and little red Xyron X150 are permanent residents. Next to the Xyron you can just make out the slender handles of six bottles of Smooch. Shopkeeper gal gave them to me yesterday..they have to stay on the table to remind me to include them as I play with various techniques for other things. Luckily they aren't in litre pots! I don't think there's any other story to be told, but am happy to tell you anything about anything you spot that doesn't make sense! So go on, photo your work table/desk/surface/lounge floor and show us what you're up to this week. Upload it to your blog and leave a message here so we can come and visit. And snaffle the button by copying the html code from my sidebar if you'd like to track progress on a weekly basis!

13 comments:

Angie said...

Yeah Julia ....I've 'Dunnit' ..... sorry about that couldn't resist xx

Sandie said...

I love creative chaos!

Teresa said...

Dun mine too! Not a spectacular one for the first week, but could not give Lyn too bad a scare lol.

Jay said...

OK, so I've photographed my project for the WOYWW challenge, you can check it out here http://jay-dailydeliberations.blogspot.com/ if you wish. I hope I've done this right, and I'm hoping your challenge will make me do something at least once a week!
You didn't want to see ALL my desk, did you?

Anne said...

Yay! Other people's stuff is just so interesting! Well done for resisting the tidying up - love the coffee cup especially! I'm glad I'm not the only whose desk usually looks like this. Am intrigued by the shrink plastic - not tried that before. I'm off to blog my WOYWW now!

Paige said...

I like this idea and hope you don't mind I think I will tag along for a while.
here's a link to my blog http://ladybird-ladybird-paige.blogspot.com/

Ginny said...

well I just emptied my drawers on to my desk so Im not taking a photo of that!! lol...thanks for the PIF... silly me had to re-read the post I was thinking along scrap lines for my gifts, this is much easier :0) when i take my photos you'll see where J.D is hanging :0)

Sara said...

Just blogged my desk, a little late as I forgot it yesterday!

Love the desk photo, so interesting to see other peoples workdesks.

Sara x

Karen said...

Just blog hopping and came across your blog, i love your desk, so i blogged mine..... there is NO shame in creating beauty lol.....

if you want a laugh at how awful my desk is.... quackas.blogpspot.com

Vicky said...

My desk has so many things on it even things that shouldn't be on that desk!!!

jayne said...

My desk is much the same though i do tidy it up when i've finished the project i'm on.

Bridget Larsen said...

Wow this is the very first WOYWW, yes I went hunting for it to see how it started

HeARTworks said...

Visiting the scene of the crime is what I call it! Hi Julia! I see there's no linky yet on your first WOYWW!!!! I think why it's so successful is it's not hard to do, taking a picture of your desk, and sooo interesting for us nosey people to see how other desks look! Patsy from
HeARTworks