Monday 16 February 2009

Yellow is my favourite colour, especially for roses - all that beauty and cheerful too! Most years Valentines comes and goes, most years there's only one card on the side (and it's handmade). I have no idea what prompted the delivery of these flowers or the lovely, thoughtful card, and I'm not going to ask, merely wallow in the thought that really counts!
There is a song..something about the greatest thing about being in love is to be loved in return. However it's manifested. Before roses and in another, earlier decade of my marriage, the answer to my 'do you love me' question was a flippant 'I come home every night don't I?' - imagine my panic on the nights he's late! So you'll understand this self-indulgent post, because it'll still be in the archive for me to look at when another decade has passed without these sort of Valentine surprises. I'm not a huge believer in fate and cupid and blah blah, but I do publicly, offer thanks for the fact that Mr Dunnit never quite got up the nerve to run very hard in the opposite direction when we met.

5 comments:

Catherine said...

Lucky you! They are gorgeous!

Megan said...

I think it's better that they don't do the same old thing every year - and just every decade or so get all mushy. It's less of an expectation and more of a surprise. It might mean that 10 years with you seems like 3 short days - in that how could I send flowers - I just did that a few days ago.

Ginny said...

lucky girl :0)

Anonymous said...

Aw that so sweet.

Caryn said...

Yellow roses are my favourite too. What a lovely thing to get from Mr Dunnit - bless his little cotton socks!

Caryn xxx